By Züküdla specifically for gorilla’s digestion.
Züküdla Gorilla Muffins are designed as a fibre and fatty acid supplement for Great Apes and can be used as a treat and/or for medicating a variety of primates. We’ve designed a basic mix that needs only water added and can be either baked or left to set into a gel. Gorilla Muffins offer a unique idea for behavioural enrichment, training or medication delivery. Consider inviting zoo visitors to breakfast with the gorillas. (Recommended that visitors bring their own muffins)
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
2. In medium bowl, mix 4 cups of muffin mix with 4 cups of water until blended.
3. Add 1 cup fruit if desired.
4. Form into balls and place in lined muffin tin.
5. Bake at 350˚ for 15 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins.
Each muffin provides 16.7g flaxmeal (3.76g alpha-linolenic acid) and 15g psyllium. Offer one muffin daily per 68kg (150lb) body weight.
No Bake Gelatin Option
1. In medium bowl, mix 4 cups of muffin mix with 4 cups of water until blended.
2. Add 1 cup fruit, 1 tsp flavour (ie. banana extract) if desired and/or medication as needed.
3. Flatten onto cookie sheet. Gelatin can also be easily formed into shapes for fun.
4. Place in cooler for at least 20 minutes until gelatin is firm enough to cut.
5. Cut into 12 pieces.
Each piece provides 16.7g flaxmeal (3.76g alpha-linolenic acid) and 15g psyllium. Offer one piece daily per 68kg (150lb) body weight.
Gorilla Muffin spec sheet